The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Back in September I got a call from PIP Printing in Yuba City regarding the 2005 Yuba-Sutter Visitor's Guide. They were looking for photos! Originally they wanted THREE of my photos... there was the fireworks photo that they wanted for the cover, and two others for the interior (the Veteran's Memorial and cheerleaders at the Multicultural Fair from last year.

The first disappointment of course was the fireworks. The local Chamber of Commerce vetoed it, even on the inside, due to a little girl losing part of her leg at the celebration.

Later they had selected the veteran's memorial for the cover in a collage with others. The collage got veteod, and the Chamber selected a picture by another photographer in town. They still wanted the Veteran's Memorial shot in there, but in the end the Chamber decided not to go with it.

In the end, I had one picture published in the Guide. This isn't a complaint, mind you, I'm thrilled to be published! So away we go...

Here's the cover of the guide, with a photo by someone else:


The byline is on the inside cover:

My photo is in the lower-right on page 7:


And finally, a closeup of my photo, which got cropped pretty arbitrarily. The original was 4x6 proportion, and they cropped to a square:


Overall, I'm real happy! I want to mount & frame it, but I'm not sure exactly the layout to use. I'll probably have it by the Christmas in November booth (fingers crossed).


No comments: