The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Every morning as I leave for work, I stop by AM/PM to grab caffeine (in my case soda, not coffee) for the long commute. I purposely go by this display, look for a second or two, then walk away.



Donuts are one of my worst offender foods. It's one of those things where, if I have one, I need more. I've been known to buy 2 to 3 donuts at a time, and have them finished once I get to work. There have also been the days where I've done something like this, only to find someone's brought donuts into work, and then I have some there! Definitely not good.

So isn't it a temptation to go by the display? Certainly. But it's also empowering to look at them and say to myself, you know, it's not worth it. Walking away sets the tone for the day.

Anyway, today I jogged 5 miles at about 5.5mph. The total time was 57 minutes; again, not the greatest, but I'm working on it. My 5k time was 34 minutes.

No comments: