The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

For a while, I've had an additional protein serving, just before I work out. Today I tried something different, replacing the regular protein with a protein shake. It's the same stuff I put into the waffles I make, so I figured what the heck. Taste wise, it could be better, but I really can't call it bad. It's vanilla flavor, but I smelled the vanilla more than I tasted it.

The surprising thing is that when it was all over, I wasn't exhausted. I didn't feel like I was going to fall asleep, and felt really good. I felt a bit fatigued when I started jogging, but by the end of the jog, I had forgotten all about fatigue. Maybe there's something to this, who knows.

Warmup, Circuit of 30 seconds each exercise, 3 sets
* Jumping Jack
* Split Jack
* Prisoner Squat
* Alternating Lunge
* Mountain Climber

Workout, Alternating supersets, 2 exercises each
* High Step-Up, 35lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10
* Romanian Deadlift, 135lbs, 2 sets of 10, 1 set of 9
* Off-Set Incline Dumbbell Curl, 25lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10
* Incline Lower Trap Raise, 20lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10

Afterwards I jogged a half-hour, 2.5 miles.

No comments: