The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm extremely proud of myself because today, Saturday, I managed to get my sorry butt out of bed at 6:30am. I was out the door jogging as the sun was peeking over the houses. 53 degrees, great temp to get started at.

I didn't beat my record for 5k, but I did as well as yesterday: 29:09:81. Normally I'd be annoyed (I'm still not sure why I've slowed since February), but I'm not because this is the dirt trail next to my house. Prior to this on that trail I was at like 31 minutes, which is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I'm just more familiar with the dirt vs. road.

I'm not sure if I want to do more cardio this evening. On one hand I want to make my 600-calorie goal, but on the other, the "real" 5k is tomorrow morning and I want to make sure I'm rested. We'll see how it goes after a day of yard work.

340 calories burned.

No comments: