The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"HOLY CRAP!"

That's what I said this morning as the fiberglass pickup bed cover came hurtling towards me this morning on the freeway at 75mph. I couldn't swerve, couldn't do anything except watch it happen. I lucked out, it came at me flat (as opposed to spinning on its side) and hit my Xterra, then bounced to the side. There are a few small dents in the hood (one of the windshield fluid nozzles is cockeyed) and lots of scrapes on the side. Got the passenger window, too.

I do consider myself very lucky. Minimal damage, no big accident. The owner disappeared, I only stuck around for about 5 minutes. There aren't many exits on that section, so my guess is he went to the nearest exit and came back. That would have taken 20 minutes or more and I was long gone by that point.

The insurance said it won't affect my premiums, and I have a $100 deductible. They also said a rental car is covered.

Just think if it had been moving towards me differently, or was a camper shell. VERY lucky.

Hood


Windshield Washer Nozzle


Door Frame


Door

No comments: