The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sprint Intervals - 7 miles

Today was an interval day, and doing them on the treadmill last week worked out so well, I wanted to do it this week as well. I also wanted to use the Garmin Forerunner 305, but needed to calibrate the foot pod.

My plan was to run outside a half-mile, measuring with the Garmin, then run back to calibrate. In the end though, it couldn't calibrate for some reason and I had to do the out & back again. So I ran 2 miles before even starting the real workout.

On the treadmill, it was:

1 mile @ 7:22
400m rest interval
2 miles @ 7:22
800m rest interval
800m @ 7:22
800m rest interval
800m @ 7:22
10 min cooldown

The 2 miles were HARD! I ended up splitting it up with some short rests in the middle.

And pain? Minimal. Woohoo! Sunday's gonna rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is an interesting interval structure. Good job with them.