The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Long Run - 10 miles

...and with today's long run, there are now only 4 weeks until the Avenue of Giants Marathon. One more week, then three weeks of taper! It's coming up fast.

This morning I had some serious procrastination action going on. I didn't do my long run on Saturday as usual because I was hiking with the kids, so instead planned on this morning. I wanted to get out the door by 7, but when I found myself at 8:15, I realized that if I'd done the long run as planned, there would be no way on earth I would make it to church on time.

Question: did you know that running in 72 degrees is a lot different than 48 degrees?



Once again though, I'm trying not to stress out about paces. The upside to this is that I don't get stressed, although the bad thing is that it will most certainly affect my performance in the marathon. I'm also barely feeling any pain now, which is a wonderful thing.

Splits
Mile 1: 9:17.85
Mile 2: 10:05.91
Mile 3: 10:34.95
Mile 4: 10:27.03
Mile 5: 10:54.71
Mile 6: 10:05.56
Mile 7: 10:36.67
Mile 8: 10:47.20
Mile 9: 11:10.96
Mile 10: 11:44.45

10 miles, 1:45, 1486 calories burned

My next run will be tomorrow instead of Tuesday, when I do intervals on the treadmill at the gym. The reason for doing it tomorrow is Tuesday is my anniversary! As a trip (and I actually got away with this), I'm taking my wife up to Humboldt, where we'll spend the day and I'll get to drive the marathon route! It gives the opportunity to check things out a month ahead of time, test out phone connectivity for tweeting, things like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! The marathon is just around the corner now.