The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great run - 3.1 miles!!!

It's been a long time since I had a run this good. I certainly haven't run this well since the marathon... no, prior to the marathon. Even when I ran the Zoo Zoom, which was a 5k, I didn't run as well.

Notice I didn't say faster. I was a minute slower than the Zoo Zoom, but I felt BETTER. The Zoo Zoom was a struggle from beginning to end, and I think that was the beginning of my downward spiral into what ultimately became of my running. Today's run, in the heat, huffing & puffing to the best of my ability, was enjoyable.

My goal for the day was to run as well as I could to see if indeed I was getting over whatever the problem in my hip joint is, or if it was in my mind. I think I'm ready to start training next week.





Splits
Mile 1: 8:53.42
Mile 2: 8:50.13
Mile 3: 9:31.12
0.1 mi: 1:01.59 (9:58/mi)


3.1 miles (5k), 9:07/mi(!), 28:16, 451 calories burned

I walked the last quarter mile back to work. Today I felt I could do no wrong. I love when great runs happen.

No comments: