The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Saturday, August 08, 2009

CIM Training Week 1, Day 6: 5 miles

Today's run was supposed to be a 5-miler at marathon pace, but with the elevation being 4700', and the run being a trail run with lots of hills, I decided to forego worry about pace and just run.







Obviously, I went out too fast. I should have been keeping about an 11 min/mi pace, because that first mile just took the breath right out of me. I wasn't used to running at 4700'! I haven't been out of breath running for a very long time, so ended up doing a liberal amount of running. Then, of course, it was downhill on the way out, and uphill the way back.



Splits
Mile 1: 09:38
Mile 2: 10:21
Mile 3: 11:59
Mile 4: 12:58
Mile 5: 13:57

I tripped SIX times, but managed not to actually hit the ground. That was a good thing, because we were to be doing some caving later in the day.

No comments: