The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lava Beds Camping 8-7-09 to 8-10-09

A few months back, my friend Beej invited us to his group camping trip to Lava Beds National Park, in Tulelake, CA. I'd never been, plus he was inviting some of our friends from college, so I said sure! I knew the kids would have a blast.




Along with camping, the kids had a total blast exploring caves. While they weren't all appropriate for kids, they did get to see a few caves. We took them through Hopkins Chocolate Cave, Sunshine, & a few others over the course of two days.



I managed to forget to pull over for a picture of Mt. Shasta, so I took one from the car.


We stopped in Mt. Shasta City for lunch on the way home.




All in all, another great camping trip. Here's a video of some of the fun our kids had.

No comments: