The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CIM Training Week 5, Day 3: 6 Miles

When I got up this morning, I was sore. I'm not exactly sure, I mean, I know I ran hard yesterday, but this usually doesn't happen. I figured that by the time I ran, the sluggishness would abate enough to have another good run.

After a week of good runs, I can finally say that I've had a poor one. It wasn't too bad, but compared to how I've been running midweek lately, it's not the best. Due to the soreness, I decided to slow down, but would attempt negative splits. Yeah, right.





Splits
Mile 1: 9:50
Mile 2: 9:35
Mile 3: 9:41
Mile 4: 9:52
Mile 5: 11:10
Mile 6: 10:25

6 miles, 1 hour, 10:05/mi average, 661 calories burned



At any rate, it was bound to happen, I'm not too worried at this point. It just goes to show, recovery is extremely important.

No comments: