The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CIM Training Week 7, Day 2: 3 taper miles

Today was my birthday, and I was expecting an uneventful day. That's usually how my birthdays go, and today was my 40th, but I didn't really expect anything different.

I was pleasantly surprised, although many things weren't intentional. A lot of small things happened today that made the whole day good.

* A video recorder app was released in Alpha testing for the Pre, called Precorder. It seems to work pretty well, although I don't think I'll be able to run with the phone as a camera. In landscape mode, it's too easy to drop the phone.

* Birthday greetings rolled in all day long on Facebook, and as of 9:30pm, I count 61 greetings. That one made me happy!

* Sam McManus from the Sacramento Bee blogged about my CIM video. This totally surprised me, and now the video has almost 100 views. Pretty cool!

* Speaking of CIM, they posted the confirmed entries today. I'm bib #1131.

* Finally, I ran 3 miles, and it went AMAZINGLY well. I just wish I could run that well for more than such a short run!





Splits
Mile 1: 8:01
Mile 2: 8:28
Mile 3: 8:25

3 miles, 24:55, 8:18/mi average, 335 calories burned

* Then to top it off, I had a wonderful dinner with my wife at the Ranch House, where we had halibut with broccoli. Great stuff!

So my 40th birthday came to a close. It was much better than most of my birthdays have been lately, to be sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday. 40 is not so bad, especially when you are in the shape you're in, right?

BTW, your splits are amazing!!!

Greg said...

Thanks! 40 isn't bad at all, I'm in a new age group. Not that I can beat all the 44-year-olds, mind you, but I'm not competing with the 35-year-olds either. :)