The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CIM Training Week 7, Day 3: 5 taper miles

So today wasn't as fast as yesterday. That's ok, it was partially by design because I don't want to overdo it during taper, and partially because I was just a bit lazy. :) I also stopped about a mile and a half in to take pictures of some dogs I'd been thinking about taking a picture of for a while.

There's a house that has a wooden playground in the backyard, and these dogs, crafty creatures they are, love to watch the people and traffic. So they climb to the top of the playground and bark at me as I run.



That made Mile 2 a little slower than the rest, but it still wasn't too bad in the end.



Splits
Mile 1: 9:04
Mile 2: 10:56
Mile 3: 9:36
Mile 4: 10:00
Mile 5: 9:24

5 miles, 49:03, 9:48/mi average, 553 calories burned

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving, but I'm not worried about it. That's a good thing! I've lost 12 pounds since October, and I'm not about to throw it away on account of a pumpkin pie. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the dogs!! How very clever of them...