The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Ave Training Week 2, Day 3: Weight Workout

I saw them, I saw them! You know: the resolutioners. They appear every year about this time, shortly after New Years, joining the gym to follow their resolutions. It's admirable, but it's also a well known fact that many of these people stop going to the gym a month or two later, in February or March.

At my gym, the focus is mostly free weights, and they aren't a "name" gym like 24 Hour Fitness or California Family Fitness. As a result, there aren't near the numbers of people at any time as there are at the other gyms. Still, there were new people there, all using the elliptical machines. They actually finished up shortly after I arrived.

The free weights, on the other hands, don't get used near as much. There are the bodybuilder types, and the trainers with their clients. In my case, I was using the free weights, so even if the extra people were working out when I was, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Warmup, 30 secs ea exercise, 3 circuits
Jumping Jacks
Split Jacks
Squats
Alternating Lunges
Mountain Climbers

Workout
Incline Barbell Bench Press, 1x25, 1x15, 1x8 @ 55lbs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows, 3x25 @ 25lbs
Leg Press, 1x11@180lbs, 2x25@90lbs
Barbell Military Press, 2x25, 1x20 @ 35lbs
Plank, 2 minutes

50 minutes, 412 calories burned

No comments: