The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rainy Days & Intervals

Rain, rain, rain. Rain, then rain, and rain some more.

I did intervals! Aren't you proud? Actually, it took a lot of work to get out. This was the first real rainy run I did all year. I'd had a couple of them where it rained for part of a run, but never from beginning to end. I came to work prepared just in case, so it wasn't that big a deal, but boy was I soaked when it was over!

I also screwed up and forgot to start my Garmin in workout mode. I just pressed START and got going, realized about half a mile in, and stopped at one mile to set it up properly. I combined the runs in Sporttracks once it was all done.

20 min warmup
4x800m (1:30 RI)
8 min cooldown





Intervals
1: 8:47/mi
2: 8:34/mi
3: 8:43/mi
4: 9:03/mi

5.1 mi, 50:22, 9:54/mi average, 576 calories burned

On the way back in the front door, a guy was walking down the hall and asked, "In the rain, huh?" Well, yeah, just look at me! There was also a "challenge" on DailyMile, to run 5 miles and then express it in haiku. I wrote two haiku.

I run intervals
As rain falls, the air is cool
Shoes full of water

Back in the office
A man asks, "In the rain, huh?"
Mister obvious

No comments: