The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Monday, July 05, 2010

5 Miles

Today turned out really well, we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. This is the first "modern" 3D movie I've seen, and it worked really well. The process has really come of age, and it's neat, but still suffers from the fact that you have to wear glasses. Towards the end of the 80s 3D trend, I was having difficulty seeing some of the 3D effects, but I had no problem with it this time at all. The on top of that, the movie was great, so score there.

Not being at work, I wasn't able to do my normal weight workout. Instead, tonight I ran 5 miles on the old neighborhood route I haven't run in quite a while.

I would say that after my increased workout load and hiking above 10,000 feet a few times (I'll blog yesterday's hike in a few days), running in the cooler night air was much easier.


See the activity on RunSaturday
Type:Run - General
Duration:0:48:07
Distance:5.07 mi




Splits
Mile 1: 9:04
Mile 2: 9:09
Mile 3: 9:58
Mile 4: 9:31
Mile 5: 9:39

5 miles, 48:07, 9:29/mi, 531 calories burned

No comments: