The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today was a great Thanksgiving.

It started this morning at 7am, with our church's annual Thanksgiving flag football game. At first it didn't look like we'd even have enough people to play, but with the holiday and all people were enjoying sleeping in a bit. We finally got started with the game at 8am. It was a lot of fun, we had a good spread of abilities and ages. We had guys ranging from 10 years old on up to 50!

I've never been known for my football abilities, especially since I haven't played for about 20 years. Still, I did better than I expected, mostly thanks to being in better shape than I've been in for a long, long time. I even caught the ball once! Of course, I dropped it a few times. I managed to swipe the flags of a few guys too. In the end, we played for two hours and all agreed we should play more than just once a year.

Then it was onto the dinner, to which I'm happy to say I did not overeat with. I had my usual 2 cups of lettuce with about 3 ounces of turkey on top, with a tablespoon of Hidden Valley Ranch Light. Three deviled eggs were an indulgence, but I think I got away with it. For dessert, I had a piece of the low carb pumpkin pie I talked about yesterday.

In the evening, we went to Skip & Kelly Bertsch's house and visited, while the kids played. We stayed for a few hours, after which we came home and put the kids to bed. Angel and I watched an hour of TV but I ended up so tired that we went to be at 8:30.

I wish all holidays went this smoothly and were this enjoyable.

No comments: