The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Saturday, April 05, 2008

This morning I ran 5 miles. My time was for crap of course, for some reason I go a lot slower on the dirt trail by the railroad tracks than I do on the street. I'm not too worried about it though. So that's 5 miles, 54 minutes, 563 calories burned.

That's another odd thing. I find that when I use the heart rate monitor for calorie tracking, it's a LOT lower than the other things that track. For example, the GPS said I burned 750 calories. When on the treadmill it reads consistently higher, and on the stairclimber the same way, higher. I believe the HRM more than the other devices though.

I'm still under the 600 calories I like to average so I'll probably do 15 minutes on the stairclimber tonight.

No comments: