The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sleeping Heart Rate + Weight Workout

While the title implies I did a sleeping weight workout, be assured, I did not.

I actually decided to earn my Geek Cred last night and strapped on the HRM while I slept. Yes, my friends, I was that bored.



What's interesting the most to me are the spikes about every 5 to 10 minutes. Is each one the beginning or end of a dream? Then there's the point at around 3am where my heart rate dipped down to about 32bpm. Tim here at work says that was probably when I got away from the tiger. I told him it may have been AFTER the tiger got me, and I died momentarily. There WAS a small spike just prior to it, after all.

Then again, I didn't die in real life; I lived through it so I could get down to the gym.

Warmup, w/45lb bar
* Overhead Squat
* Squat
* Good Morning
* Barbell Lunge
* Romanian Deadlift
* Bent-over Row

Workout
* Multidirectional Lunge, 3x20x65lbs
* Underhand-grip Dumbell Row, 3x20x25lbs
* Single-leg Bridge, 3x20
* Serratus Dip, 3x20
* Plank, 3x10
* Hanging Scapular Retraction, 2x10

Tomorrow's forecast looks pretty good, so this time I won't be wearing tights. I'll have them in the bag though, just in case.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

LMAO I'd probably try that out as well. Does that mean I could get Geek Cred?

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Those spikes are all the times your wife kicked you while you were sleeping. And you wonder why they outlive us. ;-)

Pat said...

I'm gonna have to try that. Not sure I'll do it for an entire night.