The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weight Workout

Well, today certainly turned into a long one.

I made it to work on time, and the day really didn't go that badly. I got a bit lazy and put off going to the gym until 2, but the workout really did go well.

When I got back, people had been frantically looking for me. There was a problem with cell phone billing that needed to be resolved, because it looked like we were paying for twice as many cell phones than we really had.

Of course, I knew this wasn't the case, but I had to gather the information to prove myself. I finally left work at 8pm.

All I have to say is, thank goodness for DVR's! Lost was waiting for me, calling out my name. And may I just ask, Mr. Alpert, exactly how old are you?

Anyway. The workout. :)

Warmup, 30 seconds each, 3 circuits
* Jumping Jacks
* Split Jacks
* Squats
* Lunges
* Mountain Climbers

Workout
* Neutral-Grip Incline Press, 3x8x40lbs
* Chin-Up, 5, 3, 1
* Wide-Grip Barbell Curl, 3x8x60lbs

33 minutes, 219 calories. I had a nice talk with one of the gym rats there, he was asking about my running. We talk from time to time, but this time he seemed truly interested with what I was doing. He went on and on to his workout partner about how it takes a certain kind of person to pull themselves up out of the depths of fatness and start running. You ain't fat! You ain't fat, you ain't nuthin'! You ain't nuthin'!



Normally I try not to pay too much attention to him, but it was nice to have a bit of validation.

Now, where was I? Ah, yes. So now it's 11:30, and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow's my 5-mile tempo run, which I was dreading even the though of last week. But after Tuesday's sprints, it doesn't seem all that bad!

1 comment:

Pat said...

you have come a long way. I'm good about running, but I don't hit the gym like you do. And I'm sure a lot of folks hit the weights, but won't do the cardio. You da man!