The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sprint Intervals - 5.75 miles

Today was interval day. Not to make it sound like an excuse, but I just did the half marathon on Sunday, and don't think I was fully recovered. Nonetheless, I think they really, really sucked. Seriously. My goal is 7:22/mi intervals. I didn't even come close.



Staggeringly bad, my intervals. I did a 10-minute warmup, and the intervals were split with basically 400m of walking. 10-minute cooldown.

1k: 7:52/mi
2k: 8:46/mi
1k: 8:31/mi
1k: 8:38/mi

I'm thinking maybe it was a good idea when I was doing the intervals on the treadmill. At least then something other than ME was keeping my pace up!

1:04:52, 755 calories burned.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey at least you tried, right? ;-)

Unknown said...

It doesn't surprise me that you will struggle with an interval workout only a few days after a half. It will take your legs about two weeks to fully recover from a race of that distance. Until then, doing any high intensity training is not going to provide any fitness gains and can potentially get you injured.