The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Thursday, August 13, 2009

CIM Training Week 2, Day 4: 4 miles

Yesterday's intervals ended up shortening what was supposed to be a 5-mile run down to 4 miles. Today was scheduled to be 3 miles easy, but I ran 4 miles instead to make up the extra mile missed yesterday. As far as the image is concerned, I had been using a different mode in Sporttracks that would allow me to hide the cooldown walk at the end of my run, but in the process the mile splits weren't obvious. So I'm going back to the old style.





Splits
Mile 1: 9:40
Mile 2: 9:45
Mile 3: 10:41
Mile 4: 11:00

I sort of did a lame walk/run/jog the 3/4 of a mile after mile 4. Also for some reason, the heat really affected me more than it did yesterday. It was probably because of residual fatigue from the intervals. 4 miles, 620 calories burned after the walk.

No comments: