The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Thursday, August 27, 2009

CIM Training Week 4, Day 4: 3 miles easy

Today was one of those days where you just feel... fat. Yes, I had a fat day. So then this evening, someone posted this picture to Facebook. That's me in the red t-shirt in the front row.


It really brought things into perspective! Yes, I'm up in weight from my lowest, but my, how far I've come. The cabin we stayed at is called Hilltop, named appropriately because it's a hike up a hill to get there. Up, down, up, down, I used to have a HECK of a time. A few years ago, I went on a 3-mile run with my pastor up the same hills.

Speaking of 3-milers, today was another easy one. Believe me, I was ready for easy,, after yesterday's intervals!





Splits
Mile 1: 9:20
Mile 2: 9:14
Mile 3: 9:57

Walked the last .2 miles back to work. 3 miles total, 28:18, 9:30/mi average pace, 402 calories burned.

No comments: