The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Monday, November 23, 2009

CIM Training Week 7, Day 1: 6 taper miles

Today was supposed to be my day off, but yesterday's long run went out the window when the 3/5 of my family turned up sick. I made the decision to stay home so my wife could rest, so I decided to make up the mileage during this week.

As a result, my rest day came early, and I had a great run today! Combine that with my new shoes, and I was a happy man.





Splits
Mile 1: 8:57
Mile 2: 8:58
Mile 3: 9:28
Mile 4: 9:03
Mile 5: 9:26
Mile 6: 9:17

6 miles, 55:09, 9:12/mi average, 659 calories burned

This also marks the beginning of Week 2 of the taper, but with missing yesterday's long run, I think I'll end up with a lot more mileage than originally planned. Still, with shorter mileage per day, I should be ok.

One last thing: I ran 6 miles today and didn't think much of it, but on the way home from work I realized I hadn't worn KT Tape! I'm starting to think I'm pretty much recovered from the ankle injury, but I'm also thinking I'm going to wear it for CIM just in case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! I love your comments on "I can't turn here".

The route looks pretty good, race-wise. More flats than the inclines, although I did see them. But the end, wow! It looks like a great last 3 miles or so to the end.

Good luck!

Greg said...

The first 10 miles or so are rolling hills, then it's mostly downhill after that. Once you hit the J Street bridge, it's all flat. I can't wait.

Greg said...

I forgot to mention, the "I can't turn here" part... the race backwards down a few one way streets, so I couldn't drive on them. It doesn't make that big of a difference though, but I wanted to make sure people realized that hey, the street I'm driving on isn't the one they'll be running on.