The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuesday Intervals: 6x800m

The weather forecast for yesterday, even the day of, said it would rain before 10am, then clear up for the afternoon. This made me happy, I figured I might be running on wet ground, but no rain. I purposely waited until 11:30, with the idea that I'd separate myself from the water.

Yahoo said it was 50 degrees, so I dressed accordingly, shorts & t-shirt, headed towards the front door, only to find... rain. In my best Charlie Brown sadness walk, I retreated to my hole to change into wet weather gear.

I made it out the door and did a 10-minute warmup at around 10 minutes per mile, then dove in, 6x800m with 90 second rest intervals. The route I took brought me right back to the office, so I only got about 2 minutes of cooldown. And wouldn't you know it? Not a drop of rain the entire run.





Intervals, per mile
1: 8:46
2: 8:50
3: 8:51
4: 9:12
5: 9:21
6: 9:17

44:43, 4.5 miles, 9:57/mi average, 489 calories burned

Now for the bad news: goal for the intervals was 7:40/mi! It makes me wonder though, if I can't make goal for the intervals, is my goal pace perhaps a bit high? That's always my problem, I suppose.

Back to good news though, the past two runs (Saturday's and this one) have had minimal pain. I'm not entirely sure why that is, I haven't changed what I've been doing. I'll take it though, I'm ready to run pain free.

No comments: