The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

5.5 Miles

With today being an off day from weight workouts, I decided to take a nice run and explore the new work neighborhood a bit. It was a lot cooler today than yesterday, 82 degrees vs. 90, and I certainly could feel the difference. As far as the route was concerned, it was quite a bit different from the one at the old place.



The first half of the run was in the business park behind Zinfandel, while the other half was through a housing development. Only part of the park was developed, it looked like a victim of the economy. It's a shame, too, because it looked like it was set to be a nice park. They even had some bike paths crisscrossing through the middle. Hopefully it'll be finished in the near future.

My splits weren't bad. They weren't great, but given the lack of running I've been doing lately, they were better than I expected.



Splits
Mile 1: 9:44
Mile 2: 9:44
Mile 3: 10:04
Mile 4: 9:53
Mile 5: 11:06
.5 Mi: 5:09 (11:20/mi)

5.5 miles, 55:43, 10:13/mi average, 603 calories burned


See the activity on RunSaturday
Type:Run - General
Duration:0:55:43
Distance:5.46 mi


The heat wasn't too bad today. I honestly think I'm starting to acclimate to it. Meanwhile my workouts that would normally have eaten into running time can now be made up thanks to the at-work gym.

No comments: