The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Today's workout was more difficult than I expected it to be (or remember it to be when I did it before). Then again, I'm lifting heavier weight now. Anyway:

Warmup, Circuit of 30 seconds each exercise, 3 sets
Jumping Jack
Split Jack
Prisoner Squat
Alternating Lunge
Mountain Climber

Workout, Alternating supersets, 2 exercises each
* High Step-Up, 30lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10
* Romanian Deadlift, 115lbs, 3 sets of 10
* Off-Set Incline Dumbbell Curl, 20lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10
* Incline Lower Trap Raise, 15lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10

Afterwards I jogged for 15 minutes in a desperate attempt to thwart the effects of Thanksgiving on Thursday. The old workouts would have worked well with Thanksgiving in the middle, since it was Monday weights, Tuesday cardio, Wednesday weights, Thursday cardio, Friday weights... I'm playing flag football on Thursday. However, the new plan goes Mon/Tue weights, Wed cardio, Thu/Fri weights. I know I'm not supposed to do it this way but I'm going to do Mon/Tue/Wed weights, with Thu cardio with the football, and Fri back into weights. To make up for lost cardio, I did some today. Not sure if that matters.

No comments: