The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weight Workout

Yesterday I wasn't able to run, so today I figured what the heck, I'll run today instead.

The wind thought otherwise. When I stepped out the door, not only was it windy, but the wind chill made it easily 10 degrees lower. So off to the gym I went!

Warmup, 30 secs each, 3 sets
* Jumping Jacks
* Split Jacks
* Squats
* Lunges
* Mountain Climbers

Workout
* High Step-Up, 3x10x70lbs (2 35lb dumbbells)
* Romanian Deadlift, 3x10x85lbs
* Offset Incline DB Curl, 3x10x15lbs
* Incline Lower Trap Raise, 3x10x15lbs

42 minutes, 283 calories burned

But then as I stepped outside afterwards, it was downright WARM outside. And I could have run! I drove back over the freeway and stopped off for a drink. On this side, the wind was still as strong, and the wind was still chilly.

It made for a strange afternoon.

At least I was able to go. Lately work has been so hectic and stressful that getting away to work out or run has taken quite a bit of effort. Tomorrow's supposed to be a run, but I'm not enitrely sure I'll be able to. I'll have to sneak away...

No comments: