The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Monday, January 05, 2009

Weight Workout

At the gym today, I was totally surprised that there aren't that many New Years Resolutioners. There are a few new faces, but overall it's really not that packed. At least, not at the time I go, I'm sure after work there'd be a lot more. I'm sure there are some that have yet to join, or who got gift certificates but haven't used them yet.

Overall it was a good workout. I'm lifting a bit more and feeling better as I do so. That's important, of course. One thing of note is that with the upped carbs, I think I felt a little more alert. Then again, in thinking about it, that could just be a mental thing where I think I'm alert simply because I made a change.

Here it is:

Warmup, w/45lb bar, 3 circuits
* Overhead Squat
* Squat
* Good Morning
* Barbell Lunge
* Romanian Deadlift
* Bent-over Row

Workout
* Incline Dumbell Press, 6x5x40lbs
* Neutral Grip Dumbell Row, 6x5x45lbs
* Scaption, 6x5x20lbs
* Incline Lower Trap Raise, 6x5x20lbs

39 minutes, ~274 calories

Unfortunately because of losing my Polar strap, the calories are approximated by my workout log software. It's close to 100 calories off! Grumble.

Anyway, intervals tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: