The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Weight Workout

Well, today wasn't near as hectic at work. I didn't have near the problem I did yesterday in getting out to the gym.

It went pretty well, actually. I started out doing the pushup test for 100 Pushups, but only did 30. Last year I was able to do 45 on a whim! So obviously my strength in that area's gone down a bit. That said, isn't that what the plan is for?

Warmup, w/45lb bar
* Overhead Squat
* Squat
* Good Morning
* Barbell Lunge
* Romanian Deadlift
* Bent-over Row

Workout
* 100pushups.com pushup test, 1x30
* Dynamic Pushup, 3x6
* Bench Press. 1x10, 1x5 @ 105lbs
* Chin-Up, 1x2, 1x1
* Combo Raise, 3x10x12lbs
* Horizontal Lateral Raise, 3x10x15lbs

33 minutes, 154 calories burned

Tomorrow's a tempo run, and I sure hope it doesn't rain. Not the end of the world if it does, of course, but it is easier when the ground and air are dry.

No comments: