The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run Drugs Out of Town

Yesterday was my town's local Run Drugs Out of Town. I've done a good amount of flipflopping with it, whether I would run it with my 7-year-old son Gregory, or whether I'd run it for myself. With the Avenue of Giants marathon happening next week, I really didn't want to overexert myself and affect my performance. So I promised my son I'd run with him, and let him set the pace.

He ended up running about an 8 min/mi pace for a few tenths of a mile, then walked the rest! It was funny. He pretty much ignored my pleads for him to slow down and pace himself until he got a side stitch, at which point he just decided to walk the rest of the way.

Honestly, that was fine with me. I got to spend an hour of quality time walking with my son with the occasional run, and Jenny (4) & Joy (3) got to run the kid's race. A fun time for all!

No comments: