The Chances

How a 250+ Pound Couch Potato Got Healthy

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 Race Schedule

I was going to wait until after I posted a 2009 retrospective, but I also keep wanting to see my schedule from home, where it's not written down. Therefore, I'm putting it into print now instead of waiting until next week.

Most of these dates are tentative, since I'm only registered for two of them so far. As with last year, life circumstances and injury could jeopardize the whole thing. At any rate, here it is.

1-16-10 Frost or Fog 5k, Chico, CA
2-7-10 Kaiser Half Marathon, San Francisco, CA
3-14-10 Shamrock'n Half Marathon, Sacramento, CA
4-11-10 Sacramento Zoo Zoom 5k, Sacramento, CA
4-24-10 Run Drugs Out of Town 5k, Yuba City, CA
5-2-10 Avenue of the Giants Marathon, Humboldt, CA
6-2010 Shriners Summer Solstice 8k, Sacramento, CA (date TBD)
7-11-10 San Francisco Half Marathon, San Francisco, CA
9-5-10 Disneyland Half Marathon, Anaheim, CA
10-2010 Race For Awareness 5k, Yuba City, CA (date TBD)
10-30-10 Warrior Dash, Zamora, CA
11-2010 Turkey Trot (Davis or Yuba City, CA, date TBD)
11-2010 Almond Bowl 5k (date TBD)
12-5-10 California International Marathon, Sacramento, CA

I'm also trying to fill in the schedule with some runs for the kids and possibly a few more 5k's. If you know of any in northern CA, please let me know.

It's going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are A LOT of races!

Greg said...

A lot of races, but not many "big" races. The real difference is instead of only doing one half marathon, I'll be doing three. I tried to schedule small races at least once per month. This is also reaching out in faith, since many of the issues I've struggled with the past year (leg pain, hip joint pain) are still very much there. The ankle's pretty much healed.